The AM-50 is an on-screen audio level meter which provides a visual indication of audio signal amplitude. Dual channel "bridging" type audio inputs accept balanced or unbalanced (single ended) stereo audio inputs. Balanced input range is selectable from 0dBu, +4dBu or +8dBu, single ended input range from -20dBV, -10dBV or -5dBV. Various formats are provided for displaying the audio levels, including those designed to take up a minimum amount of on-screen video space, those with a "see thru" mode, black mask on/off, audio level markers on/off. Display format, size, and position selections are saved in non-volatile memory.
- Channels can be individually identified as 0-9 A-F or as a group from 00-to-99 or 0-9 A-Z
- Familiar "VU" meter response ballistics
- Normal, peak, alarm, and phase check modes are provided
- Alarm mode leaves flashing "peak" reading until display is manually reset
- Phase check mode displays "In" or "Out" phase condition