At the core of Danske Bank’s strategy is a vision to be a strategic advisor to its customers. Even before the pandemic, Danske Bank saw the opportunity to use live video productions as part of this strategy. In 2021, Danske Bank invested in a studio production rig, used it actively in marketing, and engaged employees, customers, and partners.
With Mediability, as the consultant involved from the start of the project at Danske Bank, they had a very good understanding of what Danske Bank needed and were able to advise on the best technical solutions, critical for their need to connect and engage with their stakeholders remotely. The choice was made - TriCaster solution with NDI infrastructure to ensure cost efficiency, good utilization of bandwidth, flexibility and user-friendliness.
“We set ourselves to deliver professional video productions and live broadcasts from our studio over the Internet. Technical solutions had to be efficient, scalable, and easy to use, from the bank’s Norwegian head office in Trondheim, and with the possibility of remote control from other locations,” says Anders Oskar Brathen, Commercial Transformation Lead, Danske Bank.
What were the requirements for technology and infrastructure?
- To put in place reliable technical solutions with good customer support and support from suppliers.
- To build studio infrastructure that does not require large bandwidths.
- To be able to remotely control the studio from several of the bank’s locations to produce and send live video streams from one city to another.
- Base technical setup on network-based technology instead of traditional broadcast and SDI technology to ensure lower costs, systems that are easier to set up, and expand when needed.
- Choose technology that provides flexibility without requiring a lot of “boxes” for connection, conversion, and transitions.
- Install a camera rig with built-in PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) for easy control from the manufacturer/user.
How did it work?
Danske Bank followed recommendations from Mediability and chose NewTek TriCaster as the central production system, with full NDI support and opportunities to automate work processes.
“The TriCaster and NDI setup for our studio has proven to be a very flexible solution in producing and broadcasting live from several of the bank’s locations. With NDI HX, we have put in place a setup that is both cost-effective in terms of bandwidth and user-friendly, which were important factors for us in choosing technical solutions,” says Brathen.
“The benefits of NewTek TriCaster and NDI as a technology platform for our studio rig have primarily been on the network and infrastructure side. Several boxes for handling signal conversion and transitions between different devices have now been replaced with a production system that connects everything in a seamless experience. We now only need to connect our PCs to the production system with a simple cable, and everything works”, says Brathen.